Mountain Dew is an insanely popular drink, but what people don’t realize is that it was initially created to serve as a mixer for liquor!
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best cocktail recipes that make use of Mountain Dew, so that you can make them at home!
This take on a melon margarita is an excellent copycat if you frequently enjoy the drink from Red Lobster, but now with this recipe, you’ll be able to serve this drink at home!
In order to make this cocktail, here are some of the ingredients you’ll need!
- Tequila – It might be tempting to go expensive here, but because of the amount of mixing, any tequila will suffice here.
- Sour Mix
- Triple Sec – You can swap this for Cointreau if you’d prefer.
- Lime Juice – Fresh is preferred.
- Mountain Dew
- Cocktail Sugar – This is used to rim the glass.
Making The Dew-Garita
Making this cocktail is easy, so even if you’ve never made one before, you shouldn’t have a problem!
- Take your margarita glass, rub a lime slice over the rim and then rim the glass using the cocktail sugar.
- Grab your cocktail shaker, pour in your Midori, sour mix, tequila, and lime juice, and then add some ice.
- Shake this mix for around 30 seconds, before pouring over ice into the margarita glass.
- Pour in either an ounce or two of Mountain Dew, then enjoy!
This cocktail is a great way to feel like a boozy pirate, and is great for the summer months!
- Spiced Rum – 2 parts
- Coconut Rum – 1 part
- Pineapple Juice – 2 parts
- Blue Curacao – Small Dash
- Mountain Dew – Small Dash
- Lime Juice – Small Dash
- Pineapple – To Garnish
- Maraschino Cherries – To Garnish.
Making The Wrecked Pirate
Making this cocktail is easy, and is done in 3 simple steps!
- Add ice to your shaker.
- Add both the rums, the juice, the Curacao, and the lime juice. Then shake vigorously.
- Pour into a glass, add your Mountain Dew, and garnish using Pineapple and Cherries.
Perfect for those scorching hot days, this cocktail is bound to keep you cool!
- Melon Liqueur
- Triple Sec
- Pineapple Juice
- Mountain Dew
- Lime Wheels
- Maraschino Cherries – To Garnish
Making The Frozen Mountain Dew Cocktail
This cocktail is easy to make, but you will need access to a blender!
- Add 2 Lime Wheels to the glass.
- Using your shaker, add all of the liquid ingredients and shake.
- Then, pour this mix into a blender with plenty of ice. Blend until ice is crushed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with Maraschino Cherries and a Lime Wheel.
This classy cocktail makes great use of Mountain Dew, and is fantastic for wowing your guests!
- 2 ounces of Tequila – We recommended José Cuervo
- 2 ounces of Triple Sec
- 1 Ounce of Amaretto
- 2 Ounces of Lime Juice
- 4 Ounces of Mountain Dew
- Margarita Salt
Making Italian Margaritas
You will also need a blender for this recipe too!
- Mix the first 5 ingredients listed into a blender.
- Add the ice, and then blend to crush the ice.
- Wet the rim of your glass using some water, and then rub the rim of the glass in the Margarita salt.
- Finally, pour in the cocktail!
A simple 3 ingredient mixed cocktail, this drink is great for the cider lovers out there!
- 1 Part Vodka
- 1 Part Apple Cider
- 1 Part Mountain Dew
Making A Mountain High Cider
No cocktail is easier to make than this, so give it a try!
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour in each part of the ingredients.
6. Peachy Dew
Another great simple summer cocktail, this makes a great poolside accompaniment!
- 2 Parts Mountain Dew
- 1 Part Peach Schnapps
Making The Peachy Dew
Super easy to make, this cocktail can be made in under a minute!
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Then, pour in each of the ingredients, stir, and serve!
7. Rum And Dew
If you’re a rum lover then this cocktail is for you, you can make it quickly too!
- 1 and a half ounces of spiced rum.
- 1 and a half ounces of orange juice.
- 3 to 4 ounces of Mountain Dew, depending on your taste.
Making The Rum And Dew
- Get yourself a highball glass and fill it with ice.
- Pour each ingredient into the glass.
- Stir well.
- Enjoy your drink!
8. Rocket Fuel
This super simple cocktail is one that will certainly wake you up with its tangy taste, and consists of only 2 ingredients!
- 1 and a half ounces of Vodka
- 1 cup of Mountain Dew.
Making Rocket Fuel
- Firstly get a glass and add some ice.
- Pour in your Vodka, and then add some Mountain Dew.
- Stir with a straw, and enjoy!
9. Jungle Juice
This drink is sure to pack a punch, and makes use of some really easy to access ingredients!
- 1 – 2 Liters of Mountain Dew
- 1 quarter ounce of Kool Aid (Our recommendation is lemonade and black cherry).
- 1 Pint of Vodka.
Making Jungle Juice
- Pour out some of your Mountain Dew into a glass, stopping after the liquid level matches the top of the label
- Add your Kool-Aid to the bottle one packet at a time.
- Screw the cap on tightly, as the two will mix and fizz up.
- Once you’ve successfully mixed the Kool-Aid and Mountain Dew, add your vodka until the liquid reaches the spout of your bottle.
- Serve cold and enjoy!
10. Tokyo Tea
A variation on a Long Island Iced Tea, this cocktail makes use of some pretty fancy ingredients, as the great flavor comes from the great ingredients!
- ½ ounce of Vodka
- ½ ounce of Gin
- ½ ounce of Rum
- ½ ounce of Tequila
- ½ ounce of Midori
- ½ ounce of Triple Sec – Either Cointreau or Blue Curacao
- ¾ ounce of Lime Juice
- ¼ ounce of Simple Syrup – We’ll explain how to make this.
- 2 Ounces of Mountain Dew
Making Tokyo Tea
- Start by making your simple syrup, to do this, mix a ⅓ of a cup of granulated sugar, ⅓ of a cup of warm water, and then shake to combine. Let this sit for upto 5 minutes, and then continue to shake until the sugar dissolves.
- Then, add everything apart from the Mountain Dew into a cocktail shaker, add some ice, and shake for 15 seconds. Then strain into a glass, add your first ounce of Mountain Dew, stir, and then add the other ounce.
- Garnish with a Maraschino Cherry, and Lime Wheels, and serve!
11. Cherry Dew
This cocktail provides an extra bit of sweetness to the usual sugaryness of a Mountain Dew, and is great for those who have a sweet tooth!
- 1 Shot of Cherry Vodka of your choice.
- Mountain Dew
- Lime Wheels
Making Cherry Dew
This cocktail is super easy to make, and doesn’t require any shakers or blenders!
- Take a short glass, and add in your ice and lime wheels.
- Next, pour in your Cherry Vodka.
- Fill the glass to the top with Mountain Dew
Since Mountain Dew was originally a liquor mixer, nothing seems more apt to take it back to its roots and combine it with some incredibly refreshing Southern Comfort! This makes the most of the Citrus nature of Mountain Dew and is great on a summer’s evening.
- ½ Cup of cold Mountain Dew
- ¼ Cup of Southern Comfort.
- 1 Teaspoon of sugar.
- Mint leaves.
- ½ a lemon.
Making Southern Comfort And Mountain Dew
- Dice your lemon into wedges and add to the bottom of the glass.
- Add your mint and sugar.
- Add in your Southern Comfort, followed by your Mountain Dew.
- Stir and enjoy!
13. Voodoo Dew
This cocktail makes use of Bacardi, so it tastes nice and tropical!
- 3 Ounces of Bacardi rum.
- 1 Cup of Mountain Dew
Making Voodoo Dew
- Add ice to the glass.
- Pour in Bacardi and Mountain Dew.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do You Need Expensive Liquor?
Not always! If you’re mixing loads of ingredients, you can opt for cheaper liquor.
What Glass Do I Use?
Some recipes might call for you to use a highball or a Collins glass, but don’t worry if you don’t have these.
Do I Need A Shaker?
For some recipes you will need a shaker, so you should make sure you have one!
We hope you Mountain Dew lovers can make use of some of these amazing recipes, so give them a try at home!
- 28 Fresh And Simple Tuna Dip Recipes That Will Knock Your Socks Off - January 19, 2023
- The 18 Best Captain Morgan Cocktails In The World - January 19, 2023
- 28 Easy And Simple Pork Stroganoff Recipes You NEED To Try - January 19, 2023